Hi. Nicole here. The information I’m asking you to enter is solely for me to keep track of the book downloads and communicate with reviewers. If you’d like to receive other communication from me please sign up for my newsletter on the site. I will not seek your name, email, or spam you with loads of crap. Thanks very much.
Twist Idea Lab, LLC & Nicole Archer, LLC
Updated: 21st May 2018
This policy was last updated on the date that appears at the top of this page.
- Who we are
For the purposes of data protection law, Euromonitor International Ltd is the ‘controller’ of the personal information it collects from you. This means that it decides why and how your personal information is processed and is responsible for that processing.
Please see the end of this policy for our legal and contact information.
- Types of personal information we collect about you
Nicole Archer & Twist Idea Lab, LLC only collects information from you if you purchase or use my service, request information, register for an event, sign up to an e-alert service, request customer support or correspond with me
We collect and process the following personal information about you:
Identity information, such as your first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier
Contact information, such as billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
Financial information, such as payment related information.
Transaction information, such as details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
Technical information, such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, location, operating system and platform and device and cookie IDs on the devices you use to access this website and our other web-based products.
Profile information, such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you or on behalf of a company, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
Usage information, such as information about how you use our website, products and services. Our technologies automatically collect and log certain information to help us administer, protect, and improve our services, analyze usage and improve user experience.
Marketing and communications information, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and, where applicable, third parties and your communication preferences.
Other information relating to you which you may provide to us, for example in the correspondence that you send to us.
We do not share personal information with others.
- How do we collect your personal information?
We use different methods to collect personal information from and about you as follows:
3.1. Direct contact with you during the course of business. You may give us your contact details, payment details for invoice purposes, by placing an order online, at events or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or in other ways (all of which are provided by you on voluntary basis). This includes personal information you provide when you:
- subscribe to our products or publications
- create an account on our website
- request marketing information to be sent to you
- respond to our surveys
- provide us with some feedback on our products or services
- provide us with your contact details for us to assist you with using our products
- interact with us at events and meetings
If you do not provide this information, you will not be able to interact or communicate with us or our services in the ways mentioned above.
3.2. Automated interactions with our website where we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details including details regarding the consequences if we are not able to use these technologies.
3.3. Using third party or publicly available sources, where we may receive personal information about you from:
- Analytics providers such as Google Inc. based outside the EU
- Survey and marketing companies based inside and outside the EU
- Contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services who host our data inside and outside of the EU.
- Identity and contact data from publicly available sources such as Companies House based inside the EU.
- How does Twist Idea Lab monitor your information.
We process your personal information for the purposes listed below.
We process your personal information for the following purposes on the basis that the processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business:
Processing necessary for us to provide services to our clients’ users
- Account setup and administration: We use your personal information such as your name, email and domain address, phone number, and information to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support and training, verify your identity, and send important account, subscription, and Service information.
- Chat rooms, messaging, community and event forums: When you use our chat rooms, messaging, community and event forums we may collect details of visits made including, but not limited to the number of visits, logs, IP address which are only used for in-house analysis to improve the user experience and service performance. Personal information and other user information collected by our chat rooms and forums are used in order to complete your registration and at the same time to ensure access to our Services and products. Any personal information provided in connection with the correspondence between you and Nicole Archer, for example to report a problem with our products or raise a query or comment shall be used strictly to reply to you.
- Hosted services: Some of our services provide data and document storage as an integral part of the product or solution offering. Documents and data stored by our customers may contain personal information or information classified as “confidential” by the organization you work for or are affiliated with. Any information stored by or on behalf of our customers is controlled and managed by and only made accessible to those customers or others our customers may authorize from time to time. Our access to this information is limited to Nicole Archer personnel with a critical business reason.
- Personalization: We use your personal information to deliver and suggest tailored content to personalize your experience with our services and websites.
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products
- Marketing and events: We use your personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, and online. If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these emails in the future. We also maintain email preference for our services for you to manage your information and marketing preferences. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important service information related to your accounts and subscriptions. Please see further Marketing below.
Processing necessary for us to respond to changing market conditions and our clients’ needs
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- General administration: We use your personal information for the following legal and administrative purposes:
- to administer our websites and our social media pages and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing and statistical reporting purposes;
- to enable us to make payments to contractors and freelancers who provide services to us;
- for the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
- to meet our internal and external audit requirements;
- for network and information security purposes in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorized access;
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- for the purposes of a corporate restructure or reorganization or sale of our business or assets;
- for efficiency, accuracy or other improvements of our databases and systems e.g. by combining systems or consolidating records we or our group companies hold about you;
- to enforce or protect our privacy, safety, property or contractual and other legal rights or to bring or defend legal proceedings;
- to respond to non-mandatory requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; and
- for general administration including managing your queries, complaints, or claims, to send service messages and to provide you with important information about our business.
We process your personal information to comply with our legal obligations including:
- to verify the accuracy of information we hold about you;
- to keep a record relating to the rights you exercise in connection with our processing of your personal information;
- to respond to mandatory requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; and
- to respond to and resolve your complaints relating to the services we provide.
As described above, we process your personal information for direct marketing purposes on the basis that it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business (see above in this section for further details). From time to time we may tailor and personalize marketing communications that we send to you, for example, by notifying you of products, services, offers or promotions that apply to your interests, location. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe link inside the email (to unsubscribe from marketing emails), by sending an email email@example.com or by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email.
- With whom do we share your personal information?
Twist Idea Lab, LLC & Nicole Archer, LLC does not share any personal information with third parties, including survey findings from our online consumer panels, employees and clients. Below are the parties with whom we may share your personal information and the reasons that we share that information.
Our suppliers, service providers and other recipients
We may share your information with our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other organizations (as listed below) for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf.
|Recipient / relationship to us||Industry sector (& sub-sector)|
|Accountancy services||Professional services (accountancy)|
|Advertising/digital agencies||Marketing (advertising and digital)|
|Banks, payment processors and financial services providers||Financial (banking)|
|Cloud storage providers||IT (cloud services)|
|Direct marketing service providers||Marketing (direct marketing)|
|Financial auditing services||Audit (financial)|
|Government tax administration offices||Government (tax)|
|IT support service providers||IT (support and maintenance)|
|Legal advisers||Professional services (legal services)|
|On-site security access control services||Security (on-site)|
The recipients mentioned above are located in the European Economic Area and the USA.
When we use third party service providers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
When we share your personal information with third parties that are controllers of that information, they may disclose or transfer it to other organizations in accordance with their data protection policies. This does not affect any of your data subject rights as detailed below. In particular, where you ask us to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your information, we take reasonable steps to pass this request on to any such third parties with whom we have shared your personal information.
Other ways we may share your personal information
- Our content and event partners: We occasionally partner with other organizations who provide content, or host events, which may be held anywhere in the world. As part of these arrangements, you may be a client (or work for a client) of both Twist Idea Lab and Nicole Archer may collect and share information about you. We will handle personal information in accordance with this policy.
- Third parties for re-organization: We may disclose your personal information to any third party who is restructuring, selling, buying or acquiring some or all of our business or assets (or contemplating doing so) or in the event of a merger, bankruptcy, dissolution, re-organization or similar event to with any parties involved in those processes or transactions.
- Third parties for legal reasons: We will share personal information only when we believe it is required, such as:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or police, court or government request, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities; and
- to protect our rights, users, systems, and services.
- Where and how does Twist Idea Lab, LLC & Nicole Archer, LLC transfer your personal information?
Our hosting company has networks, databases, servers, systems, and support located throughout our offices globally. We collaborate with third parties such as cloud hosting services, located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce, and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law.
- Securing your personal information
We use appropriate technologies, policies, processes and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed and updated regularly to reflect changes in legislation and in business needs.
Examples of the technologies, policies, processes and procedures we maintain are:
- we have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data;
- we have a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy that is designed to safeguard the continuity of our service to our clients and to protect our people and assets;
- we place appropriate restrictions on access to personal information;
- we implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely;
- we regularly conduct security awareness training for employees and contractors;
- we take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditions;
- we require, through the use of contracts and security reviews, our third-party vendors, service providers and their sub-contractors to protect any personal information with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures.
- How long do we keep your data?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
The length of time we retain your personal information is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws. We determine the period of retention of your personal information based on the following criteria:
- Retention in case of queries. We will retain your personal information in case of queries from you, including on behalf of an organization for whom you work.
- Retention in case of claims. We will retain certain of your personal information for the period in which you or a third party might bring claims against us.
- Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. We will carefully consider whether we need to retain your personal information after the period described above in case of a legal or regulatory requirement.
The exceptions to the above are where:
- you exercise your right to require us to retain your personal information for a period longer than our stated retention period (see further Restriction of processing below);
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further Request deletion below);
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
When we no longer need your personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
- Your right regarding your personal information
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws provide you with rights over your personal information.
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information. Please remember, that on occasions your personal information may have been shared with you by your employer or by other organizations, such as educational institutions, to which you belong, if they use our services and products.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights listed below, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 1 month after we have received this information or, where no such information is required, after we have received full details of your request.
- Information regarding processing: You have the right to be informed about why, how and by whom your personal information is processed (which is what this policy sets out to do).
- Access to personal information: If you request access to a copy the personal information we hold about you, we will gladly comply, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including completing our identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data.
- Request correction: You have the right to correct or amend your personal information if it is inaccurate or requires updating.
- Request deletion: You have the right to request deletion of your personal information; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors. Remember that you can update your account information by using the “Contact Us” option within the relevant service.
- Object to processing: If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect your choice in accordance with our legal obligations. In relation to Marketing preferences: You can opt out of email marketing, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the email communication you receive from us or visit the applicable email preference center.. For other marketing preferences, you can use the “Contact Us” option within the relevant Service. Please see further Marketing above. Please see also information related to controlling cookies, which is located in our Cookies Policy.
- Restriction of processing: You can ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information if you want us to establish the accuracy of the information; where our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; where you need us to hold the information even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; and you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request personal information transfer (‘data portability’): We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time: You have the right to withdraw your personal information where we are relying on consent to process it. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Making a complaint: If you are not satisfied with how Twist Idea Lab, LLC or Nicole Archer manages your personal information, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website. A full list of National personal information Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. Where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
- Links to third party websites
- Policy changes
- Contact and legal information
To contact us for any reason, including to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please write to the us at the address below or email us at email@example.com
707 Parkview Circle, Richardson, TX 75080
You can also contact us by:
- Telephone+1 404-885-9741
- Email contact form